Wednesday, October 3, 2007




Tawn Mastrey, 53, of Minneapolis died Tuesday, October 2nd, at the U of M Medical Center in Minneapolis.

Tawn was born August 20th, 1954 in Minneapolis to Anthony and Betty Jo (Hiner) Mastrey.

She passed away surrounded by her loving family.

She is survived by her mother, Betty Jo Hiner of Minneapolis; sisters Liese and husband Bob Doring of Mankato, MN; Jilda Mastrey and Peter Schultz, of Minneapolis; Cara Mastrey of Minneapolis; Mia and husband Mark Moyad of Ann Arbor, MI; many nieces, nephews, and great-nieces and great-nephews.

She was preceded in death by her father, Anthony Mastrey.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I would like to express my deepest sympathy and love to the Mastrey family. Tawn was always such a great friend, and I was lucky enough to have her as my sister-in-law for so many years. We shared some great times, and I will never forget her warm and very real kindness. I loved Tawn as if she were my real sister, and she treated me as a brother.

It is nothing short of an honor to have known her. She was truly one of the all-time great voices of radio, one of those rare few who could speak without hype and always with sincere, dignified passion.

Tawn Mastrey is a Rock 'n' Roll Icon, and she is now the guardian angel of my children.

I will miss you Tawn, and I will never forget you.

Rest In Peace.

With Eternal Love,

Phil